Monday, May 29, 2017

Baptism this week!!!

Ola familia e amigas!!!

So this week was probably the best week for me so far! I feel like I struggled less with the language and we had a baptism!! My first one!!

She's amazing, her name is C and she's 12 years old. She's so strong in the church already. The baptism was really good, we had the baptism at a members house in his pool because our chapel is being remodeled right now. G (the one who baptized her) was explaining what was going to happen and when she got in the water she was so excited she tried to do it herself! But no, honestly it was really good. She was literally glowing when she came out of the water! She was so happy! And I know the Lord was and is happy for her desire to follow him! I have tons of pictures if i can get them to send.. The sisters who were there sang a special hymn for her. We sang 3 verses of Hope of Israel in Portuguese and 1 verse in English! I think it sounded pretty good!

Then on Saturday we went to another baptism for the other sisters in our house. Really cool! and on Sunday we went to another baptism for the other sisters in our zone. Also really cool, I think, if i understood correctly that the 2 the sisters had baptized on Sunday completed the family. Now they're all members!

I feel like I've been struggling less with speaking, and struggling a tiny bit less with understanding. it's still hard and sometimes I literally have no clue what people are saying. They'll ask me a question and if i don't reply immediately they know i don't understand and laugh at me.. oh well... it's difficult, really difficult. I just want to know the language so I can talk to people and help people! Other than that though things are progressing really well!! We have potentially 2 maybe 3 baptisms next week.

Oh, people want to feed us all the time!!! literally! usually we just get fed lunch but this week we were fed breakfast from C's family and dinner from another investigator! It was so good!!!!!!

Transfers are this week, and I have no clue what's going to happen!!! Kind of nervous, mostly excited! I want to see more of Brazil and i want to meet new people but i don't want to leave the group of missionaries here in Mossoró! ugh!! hopefully my pictures send, there's tons from last pday. It was the very last pday for a couple of the sisters so we went roller blading!! really fun!

anyway, I cant think of anything else to tell y'all! Oh except I know that Heavenly Father answers our prayers! Everyday! This past week I've been praying to know that this is where I need to be. To know that this is where the Lord has called me. And on Saturday, I was reading the Book of Mormon, some scriptures Sister Udagawa had shared the day before that i didn't understand in Portuguese and I read a scripture, off the top of my head i don't remember which one. Somewhere in Alma (see Alma chapter 29) and it said something along the lines of "you have been called by the Lord to preach his gospel to these people" obviously not the exact words but you get the point! Really cool, and I know that Brazil is the place for me, and that I've been called here for a very specific reason. A reason I may not know right now but I'm going to work everyday to try and find that reason!

Love you all so much!!

Sister Moss

No comments:

Post a Comment