Monday, May 15, 2017

Divisões e Skype!!

Alright, so this week was a little different. We started the week of as normal and then on Thursday we found out we would be doing a quick division. Sister Udagawa left me and switched with Sister Hansen, who is my STL (Sister Training Leader). She's amazing, by the way, and I'll tell you why.

So Sister Hansen and Sister Udagawa switched Thursday morning and switched back Saturday morning. I was actually really nervous to work with her. at first i thought the division was because I had bugged Sister Udagawa enough that she asked for a break (still not sure if that was the reason) but I am so grateful for the division. 

So Sister Hansen and I stayed in the house until 4 the first day. She was re-explaining all the numbers and stuff for our planner because she figured i didn't understand when it was explained the first time (she was right). so we went over that (in really slow Portuguese) and i finally understand them. Then she asked how i was doing.. I told her how much I've been struggling with the language and understanding people and just all the struggles I was having. I finished talking and she said she needed to share her experience of her first 12 weeks. She told me that everything I was and still am struggling with she had all the same issues. She felt the exact same way. It was so refreshing to hear that i wasn't the only one with these struggles. I know I'm not, but it was nice to hear and talk to someone who has overcome these struggles. We had a really touching and really needed conversation. Some tears were shed, and hugs were given and then we got to work. 

The first day we made 31 contacts. And met some of the most amazing families! They were all so open and excited for the message we had. She had me do a lot of the talking for some of them and helped me along the way. My favorite was when we were talking to this small family of 3 and she started to talk about the Plan of Salvation, then she looked at me and started asking me questions about it to explain the Plan to them. it was really cool, I could feel the spirit so strong while we were talking with this family. I had the chance to explain the importance of family in this plan and started crying when I shared about you guys and the kiddos, and how important this plan was if i wanted to be with my family forever. it was really cool. 

Then the second day we did a little bit more contacting, not a whole lot because we already had 31. But did a few more, saw some of the families we met the day before and committed 3 people to baptism. then we were headed home and Sister Hansen  told me the next desefio (contact) was mine. So i started looking around trying to find someone who i thought was ready. just trying to see who stuck out to me. we passed this guy sitting on the curb and Sister Hansen says that that's who i needed to talk to. we walked over and i started talking to him. I committed him to church and then his friend came over. I committed him to church too. and then she tapped me and told me to try baptism. So i explained the importance of baptism and stuff with a little help from Sister Hansen making sure they understood me. and then asked them both to be baptized! both said yes!!! it was so sweet! 

it was a bummer because when we went to confirm with them for church and stuff we couldn't find them.. but we'll keep looking. I know i just needed that experience for confidence. 

after this week with Sister Hansen I've been reminded of what kind of missionary i want to be and the kind of missionary i know i was called here to be. She has been such a huge inspiration to me these last few days. She probably doesn't know how much she has helped me, but there's so much i feel. so much better about after the 2 1/2 days i had with her. literally am so grateful for her and i know she was sent to me for divisions for this exact reason.. she was definitely an angel for me this week. 

and then I had the amazing opportunity to talk to my family over skype, so nice to see all your beautiful faces and hear your voices again. Glad to hear that everything is going well back home! overall i had a really good week. i feel so much more confident and more like myself after this week!!

eu sei Deus sabe nós pessoalmente. eu sei que esta igreja é verdade. eu sei que Deus envia anjos e responde nossas orações. eu amo este igreja com meu todos coração e prometo minha vida para compartilhar esta mensagem maravilhosa com todos mundo.eu amo vocês muito!
<<I know God knows us personally. I know this church is true. I know that God sends angels and answers our prayers. I love this church with my all heart and I promise my life to share this wonderful message with everyone in the world. i love you very much!>>

much love,
Sister Moss
 









No comments:

Post a Comment