Monday, May 22, 2017

The Fruit of our Division!!

Oí tudo bem? Eu amo vocês muito!!

Okay so this week we had an emergency transfer. Sister Da Rosa is now in Natal, and we now have Sister Banderia! She's so great, I love her so much already!! She's 4 months into the mission, and so much fun! She speaks a lot different then everyone else, its nice, its slower. I understand her so much better! 

This week we have a baptism! My first one guys!! She's awesome, her name is C, she's 12 and so strong in the gospel already. I met her with Sister Hansen (hence the title of this email). She is the fruit of my first division! But when we met her we taught her the whole 3rd lesson (the gospel of Jesus Christ) and when we asked her if she wanted to be baptized she said "its always been my dream to be baptized"!!! GOLDEN!!!! So Sister Udagawa and I worked with her everyday this week and prepared her for baptism! We're also working with her little brother A -  he's 8, and such a sweetheart, every time he sees us he runs up and gives us hugs and asks me a bunch of things to say in English. haha he loves when i speak English. Since he's only 8 though we have to have someone in his family 18 or older to get baptized with him. We're really hopeful for his mom, but she struggles with smoking. She loves us and is so supportive of both A's and C's desire to be members of the church. 

We teach a lot of jovens (teenagers), I'm not sure why, but it's super cool. Out of it we also end up teaching their parents. Good results have come so far. It's really sweet. 

This week was a little strange for church, so our church building is under construction so we went to the next closest building in Mossoró Centro. and only had 2 hours worth of church instead of 3, because it was in the middle of almoço and that's the biggest meal here. I don't know, super weird. 

Oh, mom! that area you showed me on dad's phone over Skype is not my area. that's Mossoró Centro. and yes there's a skate park there. I'm in Urick Graff. about 15 minutes or so by car. quase <almost>! 

anyway, its been a good week guys! I feel like I'm very slowly (very slowly) but surely progressing in the language. understanding is still hard, but I'm really listening with love and hope that i can get enough words and figure it out by context. work in progress! but i know it will come!

Eu sei que o dom de línguas é real. Eu sei que minha missão será difícil, mas será tão vale cada luta no final. Eu amo cada minuto aqui em Brasil e eu nunca muda por qualquer cosia. Eu sei que Jesus Cristo é meu Salvador e Redentor e Ele sofreou para mim. Eu sei que A Igreja de Jesus Cristo dos Santos dos Últimos dias eram restaurar aqui na terra, e que é verdade. Eu amo este o evangelho com todos meu coração. E estou tão honrado pela minha oportunidade de servir como um instrumento nas mãos do Senhor.

<<I know the gift of tongues is real. I know my mission will be difficult, but it will be so worth every fight in the end. I love every minute here in Brazil and I never change for any reason. I know that Jesus Christ is my Savior and Redeemer and He has suffered for me. I know that The Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints was to restore here on earth, and that it is true. I love this gospel with all my heart. And I am so honored by my opportunity to serve as an instrument in the Lord's hands.>>
Eu amo vocês muito! <<I love you very much>>

Love, 
Sister Moss 




My nice tan lines.


No comments:

Post a Comment