Monday, May 8, 2017

GUYS I REALLY AM A VAMPIRE!!!!

Haha, so I'm sure the subject line is a bit confusing for some. If you want to know the full story ask my parents or siblings. Haha.

But no, seriously. You know how in Twilight when one of the vampires exposes their skin to the sun and they sparkle? Yeah, well that's how I look after 10 minutes walking around here in Mossoró. I literally glisten with sweat it's honestly so gross! 

Okay, so this week has been really tough for me. I think, minus saying goodbye to people at the CTM, this is the first time I've actually cried. I struggle a lot with understanding people still, I know it's only been 2 weeks, but it's still really discouraging. And I can feel Sister Udagawa growing impatient with me. Some days are better than others but still. On maybe Wednesday or Thursday, we were doing companionship study and she asked me a question, I had no clue what she said and had her repeat it 3 or 4 times. Still didn't get it, then she rephrased, still didn't get it. eventually she just gave up and got down on her knees to end companionship study.. 

and then it was fast Sunday, which usually isn't too hard. but going 24 hours with no water and walking around in the heat here is killer. I felt like i was going to pass out after only an hour into our fast. it was so rough!!! 

then in 2 of our lessons this week, I was teaching the Restoration and the first vision. I've never had a problem teaching this but both times the investigators said they didn't understand a word I said and had sister Udagawa reteach the whole thing... again, really discouraging... Missionary work is really hard guys, I knew that before but I'm really noticing it now. 

Other than that stuff it's been a good week. Our investigators are progressing well. J, one of the people we have a baptism date for, is really struggling with smoking, he's getting better but has a really hard time giving up those last few.. Sister Udagawa says that if he doesn't progress this week we have to drop him. apparently after 4 weeks if they're not progressing you kind of just move on. We had 6-8 marks show up to church on Sunday, it was really cool to see them all come in. The work here is really good guys, we find like 3 new investigators every day. Some more prepared and ready than others, but still. 

I love this work regardless of how hard it is. It's not supposed to be easy. But i know that it will be worth it for me and for those i have the chance to teach and love. 

Oh and happy anniversary Mom and Dad!!! I love you both so much and am so blessed to call you my parents and my friends. you guys have taught me so much and there aren't enough words in the world to express my love and gratitude for all you guys do for me!! 

Love you all and wish you all a super awesome week!!! 

With love,
Sister Moss
 
 
Saying goodbye at the CTM


 

No comments:

Post a Comment