Monday, June 5, 2017

Transfers and an Apostle!!!

Oí Todo Mundo!!!

So this week was definitely a special one! First off, we had transfers, and unfortunately Sister Udagawa was taken from me... She's been called as my STL in Centro with Sister Hansen. So proud of her! She's still in my zone so I'll see her just about every week! Buuuuut, my new companion, Sister Velasco is amazing!!! She's been so helpful with the language already and it's only been like 5 days! She has 8 months on her mission and is from Texas! SHE SPEAKS ENGLISH GUYS!!! Total lifesaver when I don't know how to say things!!! She's super sweet, and plays the flute! We're actually a lot alike. Its kind of really fun!! 

Second, we had the super cool opportunity to go to Natal this week and hear from President Russell M. Nelson!! Really sweet!!! So on Friday night, we stayed the night in the chapel as a zone. Which basically means we sat there all night playing games and hanging out! Really really fun! Then around 3 in the morning we left for Natal! it's a 5 hour bus ride so we basically all slept the whole way. We got to Natal and hung out for maybe an hour before President Nelson got there! I was so happy, I got to see Sister Barney!!!! Man I missed her! 

I really enjoyed what President Nelson talked about but I think what his wife talked about touched me more. She talked a lot about angels and miracles. And how we're not alone in this work, but that we have past ancestors, friends, family on the other side of the veil helping with the gathering of Israel. They're preparing people for ordinances and we're supposed to find their family here on earth to perform those ordinances. That we're supposed to work together with our angels everyday and find the people whose ancestors are pleading and ready for their work to be done. She talked a lot about being exactly obedient too, and that being exactly obedient is what brings the most miracles and allows the spirit to work through us more effectively. Oh also she talked about having the feelings and mind set that every day is Christmas in Natal (Natal means Christmas). She said if we truly want to feel like every day is Christmas we need to focus on the spirit, be exactly obedient and love everyone. Teach and follow the spirit no matter what, and again, with exact obedience these miracles will happen! The whole devotional was really good. 

I know that through exact obedience and being willing to give my everything to serve and love the people here, the Lord will provide miracles. He will help those who are struggling to feel that desire to change and improve. I know that I am not alone in this experience, that I have friends, family, and people I don't know on the other side of the veil watching out for me, protecting me and helping me every step of the way! I know that the Lord is my brother, and is the perfect example for me in everything i do and say. I know that he suffered, lived, and died for all of man kind. So that one day, we will all be able to live with him and our Father in Heaven again. 
 
I know that the Book of Mormon is the word of God, and that Joseph Smith translated this wonderful book for us in these Latter-days. I know we have a living prophet on the earth today, and that he has called marvelous men and women to serve along side him. I love this gospel with everything that I am and ever will become. I love the Lord Jesus Christ more than I can put into words and I am so grateful for his sacrifice for me. I am so honored to where his name on my chest everyday, and stand as a witness of his all day everyday! (you don't need a name tag to do that). I love you guys so much and miss you all more than you know!! 
 
Hope everyone has an awesometastical week!! 

Muito amor,
 
Sister Moss
 












 
 
 
 
 

No comments:

Post a Comment