Monday, June 19, 2017

Heavenly Father knows our needs before we do!

Hey everyone!!! Hope all is well for everyone. Happy Father's day to all the Dads out there!! To my dad, uncles, grandpas, cousins and brother; Super special Happy Fathers Day to all of you. I'm so grateful for all of you in my life and for the influence you all have had on my life. I love you all more than you know and miss you tons!!! Thank you for always showing me how to love and serve others and for always being such amazing examples of true Christ-like love! Hope you all had an amazing Father's Day!! *Virtual hug for all of you*

Okay, so this week has been real difficult for me. Lately I've been feeling like I'm kind of at a stand still in the language and some days that I'm going backwards in progress. I've also really been struggling with thoughts of doubt and failure on my part.. It's been really hard. All of our lessons have been falling through and people turning away from the gospel, and for a while I couldn't help but think that it was because of me. I've been focused more on myself rather than my investigators and their needs. 

Then on Friday we had a 1 day division. I had the wonderful opportunity to work with Sister Hansen again!! Man, she's literally my lifesaver and angel here. Before the division I hadn't really thought much about the feelings I was having and the struggles I was having, but after talking with Sister Hansen, I know that these feelings are not of God. That these are feelings of the devil, and he's trying to stop me from doing what I have been called here to do. (Sister Hansen always knows what to say to me). So glad that she is so in tune with the spirit and follows its promptings, she helps me more than she will ever know!!! I didn't even know I needed to have this talk with her, but I am so glad that Heavenly Father knows me better than I do and knows exactly what I need. 

On the upside, we have a baptism this week as long as everything works out! Her name is E and she's 12. She's so worried that she isn't ready for baptism, and that she has too much to repent of to be baptized.. We're really working to assure her that as long as she is working and striving every day to better herself and her life, and if she truly has that desire to follow the Savior that He has promised us forgiveness for literally everything. What a wonderful gift!! To know that whatever we do, if only we repent, and strive to be better and have that mighty change of heart in our lives we can and will be forgiven for anything and everything. 

Oh and again with the subject, Heavenly Father knows our needs before we do. I had a tough week and received an angel. And then yesterday after church, I was really discouraged about my language again and needed some guidance. I opened my scriptures to a random page and read this in Alma 29--

9 I know that which the Lord hath commanded me, and I glory in it. I do not glory of myself, but I glory in that which the Lord hath commanded me; yea, and this is my glory, that perhaps I may be an instrument in the hands of God to bring some soul to repentance; and this is my joy.


10 And behold, when I see many of my brethren truly penitent, and coming to the Lord their God, then is my soul filled with joy; then do I remember what the Lord has done for me, yea, even that he hath heard my prayer; yea, then do I remember his merciful arm which he extended towards me.

It really hit me. I have been too focused on myself and my struggles rather than the needs of my investigators, and that is why I've been feeling so down on myself. I know that this mission is not about me, I have been called here by the Savior himself, to serve and love these people as He does. Not to focus on myself. I know that I shouldn't be focused on myself, and that I need to trust in the Lord in everything. The glory is not mine so I shouldn't care how good my Portuguese, I need to focus on the needs of my investigators and love them with everything that I am. I know with all my heart that this is my calling of the Lord, to assist in bringing even just one soul home. That my difficulties and burdens will be lightened if I put all my trust in the Lord and do my very very best to fulfill his work. 
I know that the Book of Mormon is the word of God, and that we can receive answers from this marvelous book if we just seek them and study the teachings and doctrines of the Savior. I'm so blessed to here and serve as a servant of the Lord, I promise all of you (so you can all hold me accountable), that I will do better to focus on the purpose of my calling rather than myself. I know this is the restored gospel of Christ, and that this is the only way for us to return home to our Father in Heaven again after this life. I love this gospel with everything that I am, and will defend my faith every single day!!! 

I love you all so much and so grateful for my chance to serve the beautiful of Brazil! Wish you all a fanflippingtastic week!!!

Sister Moss
Questions and Answers 

How was your week? My week has been really rough.. literally every lesson I was supposed to be apart of fell through. 

How is the work going? It's alright, a little slow right now. 

Do you have any baptisms scheduled? We have one baptism set up for this Sunday after church if everything works out. Her name is E and she's 12. She's so concerned that she's not prepared for baptism. We have one lesson left to teach her and I hope that she'll start to feel ready for this next step. We're teaching her mom too, but can't be baptized because she's not married but lives with her boyfriend. Which is very common here. No one sees the importance of marriage. It makes baptizing couples much more difficult. 

How's the teaching? Teaching is good. I don't really talk much. I probably teach one part of each lesson and bear my testimony at the end. Kind of frustrating.. 

How's your Portuguese coming along? I don't feel like I'm progressing but people say I get better everyday, I feel like understanding is getting worse but I guess I don't really know. It's been really tough lately momma. 

Have you taught any more English classes? Nope, just the one. 

How's your companion? My companion is amazing! I love her so much. The spirit is so strong when she teaches and testifies. She's such an amazing missionary, I feel very blessed to be working with her. 

When are transfers? Transfers are on July 4 I think or around that.

How was church? Church was good from what I could understand, which was not a whole lot. Yesterday was really tough on understanding. 

What cool things did you do last week? I went on another division with Sister Hansen, have I told you how much I love her?? Because I really do, she's my angel here. No joke. She knows exactly what I need to hear even if I don't know I need it. Again, all the lessons we had in  place for the division fell through but it was nice to get to talk to her and get to know her a little bit more. 




No comments:

Post a Comment