Monday, June 26, 2017

We got the bug!

Oí my peeps!!!

So this week has been really long, we got whatever sickness is going around the entire world. And 2 sisters got sick. so things have been really slow, but still really good! 
 
Sister Bandeira and Sister Velasco have been sick almost all week. I've tried helping but she doesn't seem to want my help. I don't know what else to do for her. So yesterday I started a special fast for her. Hopefully that helps! But she's amazing! I love teaching along-side her! The language seems to be getting a little easier. I study every day!!! We get home at 9 or 9:30 every night, I shower and study until it's time for bed. I'm really trying to learn more and be more helpful during lessons.

Not a whole lot has happened but what did happen was really sweet. And at the same time really complicated! so we had a baptism set up for this week but it fell through. Which was really tough. She's so ready, but says she doesn't want to be baptized right now because she doesn't want to give up the things of the world. guys, shes 12. what kinds of things of the world could be too hard to give up?? I don't understand, but we pushed the baptism back and are hoping it happens soon. Its really devastating to see people who know without a doubt that this is true turn away from it. But we planted a seed, and she is nourishing it more and more everyday. I hope she realizes the importance of the gospel and the need for baptism before its too late. 

also we got to help with a really cool mutual activity for the YW (young women ages 12-17). we acted as Sister Training Leaders and kind of taught them about missions and how cool they are. I didn't do a whole lot for the activity to teach them because I am the newest missionary, but I got to bear my testimony. It was really cool, I also discovered that most of these girls are already such great missionaries, and I hope most if not all of them decide to serve the Lord. It was really cool! I'll get pictures this week and send them next week! 

lessons are going well, people kind of keep cutting themselves from our list of investigators which sucks. but we keep working. trying to find more people willing and ready to hear our message! 

other than that though not much has really happened!! 

eu sei que este igreja é única caminho para nós a retorner e viver com Deus depois desta vida. sei que o livro de mórmon e palavra de Deus, e que um rapaz traduziu este livro pelo poder de Deus. sei que o dom de linquas é real. com todos meu coracão, sei que Deus ama todo mundo e querer que nós tentamos cada dia por melhor nossa vidas. sei que JesusCristo é meu salvador e redentor. que ele sofreu por cada onde nós! e que ele vive! Eu amo Jesus Cristo e estou muito honorado estar representante dele. Eu amo vocês muito muito!!

Tchau família! 
Com todos meu amor,
Síster Moss!
 
Questions and Answers
 
Does anything cool happen when you girls are walking? No not really, haha! sometimes there are street performers which is pretty cool. 
 
How far do you walk in a day (approx)? I'm not sure, maybe a good 8-12 miles a day, depending on the day. 
 
What is the walking like? Is it "city" walking, where there's constantly someone to try to talk to or is it like "country" walking where you have a lot of open space? It's kind of a bit of both. again depends on the day. sometimes there's soo many people that we can't talk to everyone, or theres literally no one. 
 
Do you play games to pass the time or do you talk the whole way? Honestly we barely talk.  
 
Did you have a baptism last week? No baptism this week, she told us that she didnt want to be baptized anymore. which sucks because she continues to go to YW activities, reads and studies the BOM and loves church. 
 
Are you still doing baptisms in Brad's pool? Haha yes, they are still fixing the baptismal font at the church. hopefully they finish soon. 
 
Did you get the second package we sent? no not yet. hopefully today.  
 
Do you exercise every day or is your walking what you use for exercise? I exercise every once in a while but generally walking is our exercise. 
 
What are you studying right now? Right now I am studying in 2 Nephi, which is really hard in Portuguese because a lot of it is compared to Isaiah. but I'm slowly getting through it. oh and also this week I've been studying a lot on the Atonement. what an amazing gift that is!! 
 
When are transfers? Transfers are in 2 weeks I think. Maybe 3 haha. Everybody says there is a 90% chance of me getting transfered. Really sad about that.. 
 
How often do you see Elder Alves? I see Elder Alves maybe once a week, twice if there's like a devotional or something. I saw him last night and will see him again today! Love Elder Alves, he's such a sweetheart and so fun!


















No comments:

Post a Comment