Monday, July 3, 2017

Week full of Milagres and Eleitos!!!

Hey y'all!!!
 
So this week was actually really good!! I saw so many little miracles this week, it was incredible!
 
So first off, we are teaching a mother and her son, F e L. They are such eleitos (elect). They are both on date for baptism this Sunday after church, I am so excited for them. F was baptized almost 10 years ago but never got confirmed, and it was actually a miracle that we found her. But that is a different story. It's so fun teaching them. This week we taught them the first lesson, and when we went back to see how praying went and if she thought this was true she explained to us that she knew it was true but couldn't explain how she knew. She knew she had received an answer to her prayer but couldn't explain it. Which is really cool, that's honestly how you know they really received an answer. Most times we expect something super great to happen, when actually it is the small things that mean the most. In the Book of Mormon it says that spirit is a still small voice, but is so powerful. That this still small voice, pierces to the very soul. Ugh how amazing!!! The fact that a simple sincere prayer, and we can receive answers that pierce to the very soul. Milagre #1!
 
Also, Sister Velasco says my Portuguese is sooo much better. She says I sound more comfortable speaking, which is really good because I don't feel super comfortable speaking yet! I really see the progress this week. Milagre #2!
 
Oh, yesterday was also another day full of milagres! So generally we struggle a bunch with getting investigators to go to church. Well yesterday we had 7 investigators at church!!! Milagre #3! And even better, two of them that showed up (A e G) I taught once with Sister Udagawa but since they wouldn't  go to church we dropped them as investigators. We visited them one other time before Sister Udagawa got transferred in hopes to get them to come to church but they still wouldn't come. So it was amazing to see them when I walked into sacrament meeting yesterday! Sister Velasco and I will continue teaching them again and hopefully get them on date for baptism soon! Milagre #4!
 
You guys seeing the progress and light in F e L and all of our other investigators reminds me everyday why I decided to serve a mission! Seeing the light of the gospel help these people change the desires of their hearts and have that real desire to follow Jesus Christ and return home is incredible! I really can't explain it, seeing the gospel bring light and life to those in need is a marvelous sight to see everyday!! 
 
I know with all of my heart, that this is the true gospel. And that through the Prophet Joseph Smith it was restored to the Earth in these latter-days. I know that this is the only way for us to return home to the Father and His Son after this life. That we were given a perfect plan to return home, and it's actually a quite easy route. The way is narrow and straight, this is the way! I love being a missionary even if sometimes I don't understand people or people don't understand me. I know that the Spirit works miracles and that is the language that I have in common with everyone! I know that when we pray, with real faith, real intent that we WILL always receive an answer. I love this gospel with everything that I am and am so honored to be serving the Lord and assisting in His work here in Brasil! 
 
Love you all so so much!! Hope you all have an amazing week!
 
Love,
Sister Moss
 
P.S. Super weird writing my testimony in English haha! That took some serious thought! 
 







 

No comments:

Post a Comment