Monday, July 17, 2017

A Whole New World!

Hey everyone!! 

So I hope from the title I got a couple of you singing Aladdin, if not, you probably are now. So your welcome! 

But I'm sure you can guess from the title that I've been transferred. I am no longer in Mossoro with Sister Velasco. I am now in Natal, Nova Parnamirim with Sister Nobre!!! It is waaaay different here! Hence the "a whole new world". This area is waaay more city life than Mossoro. And more of what I imagined my mission like, if you ask me I think I'll spend more time in the city than the interioro. But I love it, and I love Sister Nobre! I've only heard great things about this area and Sister Nobre!! She is soooooo funny!!!! We are having so much fun already. She's Brazilian and is 19 years old and has 10 months on her mission. And is a convert to the church for almost 5 years. 
 
 
So far the work is good, we have lots of investigators that we are working with, I think since I've been here I've only seen a couple of people more than one time. But it's really good. 

The language is coming along, the sisters in the house (Sisters Nobre, Camilio, and Oliveira) help out so much! Oh, I'm the only American sister in my district and actually I think my zone too, and one American elder. Elder Torgerson, he was in my first zone in Mossoro and is my ZL now. 

The ward, again, only heard great things. And so far they've proven to be true! I love it here so much already!! 

So this week along with all the changes, I've been studying a bunch of conference talks, and there were 2 that really stuck out to me. 1 Whatsoever He Saith Unto You, Do it -Elder L. Whitney Clayton. In this talk he shares the story of when Jesus turned water into wine. Jesus tells Mary that in order for it to work, the people need to do whatsoever he saith unto them. And it's the same with us, He needs us to show our loyalty and faith in him, and do our part. He doesn't ask us to do things that we are incapable of. He will ALWAYS provide a way for us. and 2 Don't Look Around, Look Up -Elder Yoon Hwan Choi, this one I have been learning a lot this week. For more than just the spiritual part of it. But I'm learning to look up and see the beauty around me and learn more about my area. But also, when we have difficulties and feel like we can't go anymore, we need to look up to the Savior. He is our most perfect example and he knows better than anyone what we are going through. Because he voluntarily suffered our pains for us. He can and will help us in anything we do! 

Guys I know this to be true, that He knows us better than we know ourselves. He knows our struggles and difficulties and when we look up and ask for help He will help us! But that we need to show our love and faith in Him, because He won't do everything. We need to do our part, whatever that is. He will ALWAYS provide a way, and will ALWAYS help us!!! 

Com amor,
Sister Moss
 
 

No comments:

Post a Comment