Monday, October 16, 2017

We all Fall Down!!

So unfortunately I don't have a whole lot of time today, so I'll write in only English.

Não tenho muito tempo hoje, esta email é só inglês! Me-desculpe Brasileiras! Amo vocês!

But this week has been fantastic!! Lately we've had a really hard time meeting people but this week we met an eleita!!!! I don't remember the English word for this but she's perfect!! We were looking for her house, I think 2 days after we made first contact with her and my goodness guys, she lives basically at the end of the world!! It was nearly impossible to find her house! We were searching and searching and getting really discouraged that we couldn't find her, so we stopped and said a prayer. When we finished praying, the first person we asked for information asked if we had a place of reference or a name of the person. We told them the name of our eleita, J, and she replied "there's literally only one person that i know in this neighborhood with this name", she pointed out the house to us and left us to discover on our own if it was the right person. huge miracle because it was her house!!! 
 
It was pretty late so just noted where she lived and returned the following day. It was probably the best lesson ever!! I felt most comfortable and felt like the Spirit was really working through me! We taught about the gospel of Jesus Christ and asked her to be baptized! She accepted!!! Then we tried to mark her for a date too, usually we just ask people to pray about it and then go back and mark a date, but this time we did both!! We asked her if she wanted to be baptized on the 22 or the 28 and told her that on these 2 dates we would have a reunião batismal. She asked what exactly a reunião batismal is, and when we told her that on which ever date she chose she would literally be baptized, I was really scared that at that point she would say no, but she didn't!! She accepted so quickly and chose a date!!! So we have a baptism coming up on the 28th!!! I'm super excited for her!!! we almost couldn't contain our joy for her!

Also this week was Friday the 13th and by the title you could probably guess what happened! Well I'll tell you the story! So sister Soares and I were walking home, and I don't know how it happened, i think my foot got caught in a crack on the sidewalk and i twisted my foot but I tripped and fell! Guys it was probably the funniest thing ever!!! We both couldn't stop laughing!! Haha seriously was too funny!! Luckily there weren't tons of people on the street at the time but the people that did see were laughing too! and one kid yelled as we were leaving "it's better to laugh at it than to cry!" haha so funny!!! Luckily I didn't hit my bad knee too bad, but now I have two bad knees haha! 
 
 
Speaking of knees, I'll be starting physical therapy this week with one of the other sisters! Should be good for me! Not super excited but I'd much rather go through therapy than return home to you guys early! Not that I don't love and miss you all with all my heart, but I don't want to leave here!! Oh that reminds me, I cant believe that I've already been out 7 months!!!! guys 7 months!!! That's almost half way done!!! Where is the time going???? 
 
 
Other than all this not much else happened, we had interviews with Presidente but for most of my interview we talked about my knee. He also thought that i had only 5 months here. To be honest I feel like that's all the time i have but no, i have 7 months!!!! 

Guys I want you all to know how much I love and miss all of you guys!!! I know that God is always looking out for us and helping and assisting in literally everything we do!! We watched a video yesterday in church and I want to leave a quote from the video with you guys.

Not word for word, but it was a video about Fathers. And in part of it, it compared our Fathers and parents in general on earth with our Heavenly Father. It said something along the lines that when we're kids we trust 100% in our parents. 100%! And it made the comparison that even though we're grown, we still need to trust in our Heavenly Father with 100% of everything we have. Because He is in charge of everything, and just like our parents on earth, He will take care of us and protect us with every fiber of His being!!

I love you guys so much!!!! Hope you all have a fantastic week!!

Sister Moss









No comments:

Post a Comment